Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I init the SVGAlib and my monitor is supposed to enter any arbitrary mode I have selected I get nothing but a blank screen, and I can't quit my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

SVGAlib problems

When I init the SVGAlib and my monitor is supposed to enter any arbitrary mode I have selected I get nothing but a blank screen, and I can't quit my program -- I can't return to X.
    My programs quit when escape is hit -- but nothing happens. Ctrl+c, nothing, ctrl+alt+6, ctrl+alt+backspace, etc. nothing. My sshd is running so I can connect via a remote computer and terminate the program -- but still I can't get X back up.

I know my programs work on numerous other computers, they are rather simple small games and graphics stuff, but after I changed from a 19" LCD to a 24" LCD (1920x1200) I have started getting a blank screen.

There are no other issues with the monitor -- BIOS POST shows up fine too.

Just Joined!

Xfce froze in my new slackware12 install too

Wonder what video card u are using and what type of setup r u trying to run? I am thinking of going back to an older ver of Slackware since I don't need multiple cpu, raid,etc. I just need a stable distro to run samba and apache in an older machine. Try the following: How to install Slackware (plus others) - LinuxQuestions.org
    Making Hardware Just Work (Doc on HAL)

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSky View Post
    Wonder what video card u are using and what type of setup r u trying to run? I am thinking of going back to an older ver of Slackware since I don't need multiple cpu, raid,etc. I just need a stable distro to run samba and apache in an older machine. Try the following: How to install Slackware (plus others) - LinuxQuestions.org
    Making Hardware Just Work (Doc on HAL)
    I figured out some time ago.. it is due to a Huge array on the stack. On older versions of gcc this didn't case any issues, however on later versions (although on the same hardware) it causes issues. If I reduce the size of the array everything is fine.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close