Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a old 600mhz laptop that the screen went bad on everything else works so i have disconnected the lcd and i have a new laptop.i am looking for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

two laptops one display

i have a old 600mhz laptop that the screen went bad on everything else works so i have disconnected the lcd and i have a new laptop.i am looking for a way two hook the old to the new to the old so i can use the new laptop touchpad,keyboard and screen on the old laptop the end purpose is the old laptop has pcmcia and the new laptop has smartdrive and i want to be able to use my pcmcia wireless card the old laptop has backtrack 2 the new laptop has bt2,slack and windows xp looking for a software solution if possible any help would be great thank you

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
    i have a old 600mhz laptop that the screen went bad on everything else works so i have disconnected the lcd and i have a new laptop.i am looking for a way two hook the old to the new to the old so i can use the new laptop touchpad,keyboard and screen on the old laptop the end purpose is the old laptop has pcmcia and the new laptop has smartdrive and i want to be able to use my pcmcia wireless card the old laptop has backtrack 2 the new laptop has bt2,slack and windows xp looking for a software solution if possible any help would be great thank you
    it appears you''ll need to use
    SSH or X11vnc to connect to the old Notebook

Just Joined!
    i have glanced at those two options.i could be wrong but they would require the laptops to be hooked in to a router so they would be part of a network. i am looking for a way to be able to have the computers function together when not connected to a network.thanks for your help

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close