Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I'm trying to boot the live cd. It gets so far in the boot process then the exact same error repeatedly appears on the terminal. I don't know the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

BackTrack 2 live cd issue

Hey, I'm trying to boot the live cd. It gets so far in the boot process then the exact same error repeatedly appears on the terminal. I don't know the exact error off hand because I'm on the same computer. But if anybody has seen anything like or has any suggestions that would be great.

Hi and Welcome !

Post exact error message here. We can't suggest you anything without knowing error. Post your machine's specs too.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the response...

2.6.20/src-drivers/alsa-driver-1.0.14rc2/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:216: hda_codec invalid dep-range va

specs:

Processor AMD Turion 64 mk-36 2.0 GHz

Memory 1Gb

100 GB hard drive

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It looks like badly burned or corrupt .iso image. Have you verified MD5SUM of downloaded Image? Try to burn image at lowest possible speed supported by CD Burner package.

Just Joined!
    Alright, Thanks a lot. I'll burn it again when I get done with class. And if that doesn't work I'll download a different iso file.

Okk ! Do let us know how it goes. Good Luck !

Just Joined!
    Ok, I re-downloaded it. Burned it. And it seems to be doing something different. I'm in class right now, so I'll get the error message when i get home and post it.