Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i just installed Slackware 12 on an acer aspire L310 with the Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000. i am having issues with the resolution. i can only get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

new install resolution issue

hi i just installed Slackware 12 on an acer aspire L310 with the Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000. i am having issues with the resolution. i can only get 1024x768 to work and i added 1280x1024 to xorg.conf. i got the mail start after lilo boots to display in 1280x1024 but i cant get kde to display anything but 1024x768. i was seeking some help i been googling for hours and cant find a fix. help will be greatly appreicated. i just installed slack last night. i was converting distro from kubuntu and it worked fine there. ill post my xorg.config file when i get home in a few hours.

oz
    forum.guy
    Try running xorgconfig from the command line. Note that you have to have root permissions to run this command.

A script will run asking you questions regarding your computer hardware. If you answer them correctly, you should have the correct resolution displayed after starting X.
    oz

Just Joined!
    thanks after bout 20 attempts i got it everything is working great thanks alot

oz
    forum.guy
    Glad you got it going!

It's a good idea to keep notes handy on what settings worked just in case you have to run xorgconfig again in the future.

Have fun with Linux...

oz
    oz