Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    I need to mount my SuSe partition

    Sorry to ask,
    but I would like to access my SuSe partition located on /hdi3 (on a primary part.) from Slack 12.Hdi3 is listed in /dev/ (block device)I know I'll need to edit fstab but should I edit mtab as well? I tried this in fstab:

    dev/hdi3 /mnt/hdi3 ext3 defaults 0 0

    but that's not what I want.I need read & write access to hdi3 itself.So where am I going wrong?.Can anyone show me their fstab and/or mtab entries to give me an idea on what to do?

    Thanks Frank

  2. #2
    SuperMod (Back again) devils casper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Chandigarh, India
    Execute id command and note down userid and groupid. Let say userid and groupid are Zappa.
    Execute this
    chown Zappa:Zappa /mnt/hdi3
    You will have full access on /mnt/hdi3.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts