Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I am mainly a Windows user, but was introduced to Linux through an old roommate, and I love it, however, we are no longer in contact, so I came ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet for Slackware (and other Slackware/Windows queries)

Ok, I am mainly a Windows user, but was introduced to Linux through an old roommate, and I love it, however, we are no longer in contact, so I came here for help.

Right now I have a dual partition with Windows XP and Slackware Linux 12, and the first thing I want to do is access the internet through Slackware, no browser is able to connect. I have a cable/broadband connection.

Next what I want to be able to do is be able to access files on Linux from Windows and vice versa. Mainly, I use a number of GNU programs (OpenOffice, Gimp, ArtofIllusion) though I wish to use much more and the Linux versions of almost all of these are updated more than the Windows version, and of course, I want to learn to edit them myself as well (that will be for a later project).

So, with my first query, if someone can help connect to the internet via Konqueror and Firefox using Slackware, and secondly, access files of from one to the other.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

This book on Slackware covers network configuration and lots of other things that might come in handy for you:

Slackware Linux Essentials

Drop down to chapter 5 for network configuration.
    oz