Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone - I tried to install gnucash and it required SLIB, which apparently, I don't have. Can anyone tell me what it is, where to find it and how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SLIB Installation Help

Hello everyone -

I tried to install gnucash and it required SLIB, which apparently, I don't have.

Can anyone tell me what it is, where to find it and how to install it. I googled it and found something called SLIB but the installation instructions made no sense.

I'm running Slack12.

Thanks,
    Andy

oz
    forum.guy
    Apparently, gnucash and Slackware are a bit difficult to tie together because of the lack of any Gnome libraries included with Slackware after Patrick V dropped Gnome from the project a few years back.

Here's a HowTo that was created for Slack 11, but it might be enough to get you going:

Installing Gnucash 2.0.3 on Slackware 11.0

I have a feeling that you might also need other Gnome files/libraries before you get gnucash successfully installed, but hopefully that will not be the case.

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePitbull View Post
    Hello everyone -

I tried to install gnucash and it required SLIB, which apparently, I don't have.

Can anyone tell me what it is, where to find it and how to install it. I googled it and found something called SLIB but the installation instructions made no sense.

I'm running Slack12.
    Your distribution's package manager is supposed to do this for you. At least, all the rest do; Slack can't seem to figure out how to basically package software.

See <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Slackware> for more details about working around Slackware. See <http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html> for slib.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close