Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a slack 12 install with two sound cards, a built on AC97 compliant and a SB Audigy 2. How do I get Slack to use the Audigy as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I set a default sound card?

I have a slack 12 install with two sound cards, a built on AC97 compliant and a SB Audigy 2. How do I get Slack to use the Audigy as the default. Baring that, what is the easiest way to disable the AC97 in Slack, without disabling it in the cmos.

Ideally I would like to use the AC97 for VOIP and the Audigy for main sound.

Thanks in advance.

did you try alsaconf, alsaconf will detects two sound card, then configure only one of them.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    Yeah, I tried that. I ran alsaconf, and configured the SB and not the AC97. Yet the AC97 is still being loaded and used as the default.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    After having manually installed a system with multiple soundcards only once,and that didn't have the requirements that you have, I know I'm not the one to answer you. I did find this however. It may be of some use...
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!
    Thank you Freston for pointing me inthe right direction. That link was most helpfull. My sound is finally configured right in Slack.