Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a big problem with local DIsc's, when i open the Local Dick C it works well, but when i try to open Local DIsc D it says"YOu dont ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help

i have a big problem with local DIsc's, when i open the Local Dick C it works well, but when i try to open Local DIsc D it says"YOu dont have premissions.."so can anybody tell me, what i must do to open Local Disc D, cause i need very much..

P.S please tell me all procedure what i have to do because im really begginer in this Jobb

with RespeCt AlterRnatTTiv

Execute this
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    cat /etc/fstab
    Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Mr. Casper i execute this codes:

root@slackware:~# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/hda: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/hda1 1 262 2104483+ 82 Linux swap
    /dev/hda2 * 263 2873 20972857+ 83 Linux
    /dev/hda3 2874 9729 55070820 83 Linux
    root@Slackware:~# cat /etc/fstab
    /dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults 1 1
    #/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,owner,ro 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

and i cannot open again storage Media (D),"Premission Denied"

Thank Youu..

Do (as root):
    Code:
    mkdir /mnt/drive_d
    mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/drive_d
    You should now be able to access the drive that you call D under /mnt/drive_d.

If you wan to load this on boot, enter (as root):
    Code:
    cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.bak
    echo '/dev/hda3 /mnt/drive_d                ext3        defaults         1   1' >> /etc/fstab
    Please take this as friendly advice, but if you keep thinking in D drives and C drives, than Slackware is gonna give you a rough time. Slackware is said to be the most Unix like of all Linux distro's. It needs you to think Unix, so rather than drives you have filesystems and mount points.

Slackware is a great distro, and a perfect tool for learning the inner workings of a Linux environment, as well as building a customized system. It is very flexible and powerful, as well as stable and fast. But sure as I'm a sinner, it looks nothing like Windows in how you operate it.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freston View Post
    Do (as root):
    Code:
    mkdir /mnt/drive_d
    mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/drive_d
    You should now be able to access the drive that you call D under /mnt/drive_d.

If you wan to load this on boot, enter (as root):
    Code:
    cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.bak
    echo '/dev/hda3 /mnt/drive_d                ext3        defaults         1   1' >> /etc/fstab
    Please take this as friendly advice, but if you keep thinking in D drives and C drives, than Slackware is gonna give you a rough time. Slackware is said to be the most Unix like of all Linux distro's. It needs you to think Unix, so rather than drives you have filesystems and mount points.

Slackware is a great distro, and a perfect tool for learning the inner workings of a Linux environment, as well as building a customized system. It is very flexible and powerful, as well as stable and fast. But sure as I'm a sinner, it looks nothing like Windows in how you operate it.
    my friend thank you very much, it work, but i have to make some changes..because drive_d i was using the Slack. it was drive_c, and hda2..

however thank you very much because you helped me..