Find the answer to your Linux question:
've been searching the web to no avail for this, so maybe my experience will help somebody. I've downloaded the standard graphic pack and put it into /home/user/.travian/t3_en_standard/ then followed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

local webserver?

've been searching the web to no avail for this, so maybe my experience will help somebody. I've downloaded the standard graphic pack and put it into /home/user/.travian/t3_en_standard/ then followed the \travian\faq - Graphic Packs instructions to active the pack, but no matter what I did testing kept giving me "Not Found" error. The way I finally solved this problem was to first use a local webserver graphic pack (I suppose using an on-line/webhosting located pack would work as well) and then trying to switch to a local pack. So, now my local pack is active and I won't load the travian server as much anymore.

can someone explain local webserver and how its used?
    please click my minicity!
    or its industry more or even its roads
    Everyone is immortal until the day they die.
    Registered Linux user #462038

Well, in this case you're storing the graphics locally, so you don't have to load them from the server. Be careful though, Travian is _highly_ addictive
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

i know its highly addicted i sat diamantul's account last speed.com server. anyway, how might i goabout doing this though?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Oh boy, do you know what your asking?

You've got an add-on to a browser based game you want installed manually on your machine. You've gotten it to work, but not the way it was supposed to??

You're new right? I have two things for you. First. Slackware is very harsh on new users. But with the skills you're already displaying you strike me as a fast learner. Had you had an easier distro, you would have ran into the same problem, unless there was a package in the repo. But you would not have had build up the skills you have today. Am I right?? You didn't make your life real easy,but you seem to cope. *
    * Just a little heads up

Second.
    In order to further your Slackware experience, you may want to develop diagnostic skills. With that I mean no offense. But it is not clear to me from your post 1) what you want to accomplish** 2) what you have tried so far and 3) how to go about from here.

** Well, I know what you want to accomplish of course, but bear with me, you already said you've gotten it to work in your first post. So it's not a 'mission impossible' scenario, rather you're fine tuning. At least that is how I take it.

In my own experience, #1 reason of Slackware failure is human error. So in order to rule that out, we need to know exactly what you have done so far.

Don't be afraid to come off stupid, we all have. And don't mind me coming off blunt at times; it's part of the experience (I'm a non native speaker). Nobody can answer your questions unless you tell us what you tried and at what point you realized it didn't work.

_______
    On a personal note, when I played Travian I never gotten to install all those add ons. I just had a nifty Greace Monkey script keeping track of all my neighbors growth rate and extra shortcuts. It made me all powerful in terms of data (if an alliance only grows 8 pop per day on average, they are all farms), and therefor I pwnd my area.

On another personal note, I know you've gotten Slack because of happenstance (source: Coffee Lounge thread). Do you like it?? I ask because I feel that is important. I love Slack, and I enjoy it through the 100% compatible VectorLinux distro... But Slack _is_ different. It appeals to people who like the little 'tty on runlevel 4' joke in /etc/inittab

________
    If I was wrong in anything, let me know.... I'm doing a lot of guessing here. I'm not sure about all of these points either.

so far i ahve posted on this forum trying to figure out how to do this. i used to use windows and i can set that up in less tha a minute now, but here i dont know how to access local server or implement it into firefox or whatever i am supposed to do.
    and i like slackware, its a challenge, i enjoy things that challenge me because it makes me apprectiate the things im good at

yes, I understand... But there is a howto in the link you posted. Why doesn't it work for you?? Is there an error message??

these are its instructions:
    Local web server

A somewhat more complicated alternative is to install a local web server, e.g. Apache, and run it whenever you are playing Travian. The path starts with cPanelŽ in that case.

Maybe this sets you off it the right direction. Note that the faq states that this way is the 'more complicated alternative'.