Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I've installed Backtrack 3 beta on my system and i've also installed my ATI drivers. Even tho they're installed i cannot enable Direct Rendering . I dunno what to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ATI drivers no rendering

Hello. I've installed Backtrack 3 beta on my system and i've also installed my ATI drivers. Even tho they're installed i cannot enable Direct Rendering . I dunno what to do and it's weird tho cause when i type 'lspci' it shows tht i have a x1250 ati card (Correct), but when i go through the information section in the ATI catalyst program it states tht i have a x1200???? Weird tho. I've configured it correctly and i've done the same as i have always have done on my other linux systems, it's jus this one i cannot seem to get working. I know BT3 is based on slackware 12 and it works on the proper
    'slackware 12' version but not BTbeta. Can any1 help please????? I really need to get it working

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    I had problems with ati drivers too. as a learned ati drivers are nit as well supported as the nvidia in linux. i had ati9550 and slackware and some problems with Direct Rendering too. try ati sites for troubleshooting...