Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've in stalled Slaskware 12.0 and upon booting I get to the point where it locks up at the login screen with the text below. Welcome to Linux 2.6.21.5 (tty1) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    jgz
    Just Joined!

Arrow Need post install help

I've in stalled Slaskware 12.0 and upon booting I get to the point where it locks up at the login screen with the text below.

Welcome to Linux 2.6.21.5 (tty1)

darkstar login:

On another partition I have Vector Linux installed which is based on Slackware 12.0 and it works fine so I don't think its a hardware problem.

oz
    forum.guy
    Slackware logs in on the command line by default. You'll need to configure your xorg.conf file if you haven't done so already, then you can login to the GUI with the startx command.

Check this link for some help in getting it all configured:

http://www.slackbook.org/html/index.html
    oz

jgz
    Just Joined!

At login screen its locked up

At the login screen the system is locked up I can't login.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Have you tried pressing Alt+Ctrl+F1 - F6? Does it allow you to login in any of those ttys?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

You need to log in as root, as the Slackware installer doesn't provide opportunity to create a user account. Creating an user account is #1 on your list of course

Anyway, log in as root. The password section will not give any feedback when you type, so it will look like it's not responding to your input. But that is just password camouflage. It is taking input.

After login, type >telinit 4< to change runlevel and get your machine going graphical. You can edit /etc/inittab to change the default runlevel.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

jgz
    Just Joined!

As far as I can tell

The keyboard seems to be locked up. The ttys don't work input such as caps key or text does not work. I know that input is blank for login. Where should I go from here.

Linux Newbie
    how did you partition the '/dev/hda'? did you make/decide the partition table? or did you let the installer to do so?

i have noticed that the partition making during Linux installer is a little weird when installing two Linux on the same /dev/hda - you might want to try to re-make your partition table - not sure how but i believe Linux uses the 'swap' partition for most of the hardware control ports, which means that your usb mouse may work properly on one system but not on the other, and so on...

don't take this for granted, although I have very strong reason to believe so, but I would definitely give it a try if everything else doesn't work

good luck
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen