Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tried to use the provided Nvidia drivers for my GeForce4 card but they end up only permitting 2 resolutions and once changed (ctrl+alt+[Kp_+]) I cannot return to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Make virtual & physical window same size

I have tried to use the provided Nvidia drivers for my GeForce4 card but they end up only permitting 2 resolutions and once changed (ctrl+alt+[Kp_+]) I cannot return to the previous resolution. Nvidia provides a driver on their site but it is for the GeForce4MX and it may be no better or possibly worse.
    Hence, I am using VESA generic driver which works fine (allowing resolution changes thru 4 rez) BUT xorgconfig refuses to recognize the request to make the virtual size the same as the physical size. This is anoying to me as I am constantly bumping the margins.
    Does any one know how to achieve making the virtual size the same as the physical size probably withing xorg.conf or other location? I am thinking it may be an "Option" in xorg.conf.

Linux User
    Have learned that by definition, the largest defined windo in a mode line becomes the default windo size full stop.
    So will build a script to select window manager and the desired mode since there is no runtime adjustment available.