Results 1 to 1 of 1
Hi there, I`ve installed BackTrack2 to my harddrive!! Heres my Hardware.. - AlienWare Laptop m9700a - Screen res (1920x1200) - AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile 2.4GHz - NVIDIA Gefore Go 7900 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 03-27-2008 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
Carnt Get High Resolutions!!
I`ve installed BackTrack2 to my harddrive!!
Heres my Hardware..
- AlienWare Laptop m9700a
- Screen res (1920x1200)
- AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile 2.4GHz
- NVIDIA Gefore Go 7900 GS (x2)
- RealTek RTL8185 54M Wireless LAN Network Adapter
WHAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED!
- Tried editiing the xorg.conf file to change the screen resolution (doesnt go about 1024x768 at 24bit
- Tried changing the number of bits i.e. 24bit, 32bit colour still doesnt go to 32bit colour and resolution doesnt go above 1024x768
- tried installing the latest version of the kernel (still doesnt help)
- tried downloading and installing the NVIDIA DRIVER and running the nvidia-xconf command
- since the live version of BackTrack 3 on CD works perfectly on my laptop at 1920x1200 i tried copying the X11/xorg.conf file from there into my BackTrack 2 installation however when i do this it crashes startx and i get some sort of fatal error
none of theses work!! Please can someone who knows what they are doing help!!!