Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody. I have a laptop of specified model. The suspended mode always shown by led indicator whenever it is actively used or not. And it turns backlight of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ASUS X51RL laptop

Hello everybody.

I have a laptop of specified model. The suspended mode always shown by led indicator whenever it is actively used or not. And it turns backlight of the LCD lower about twice after some period of IDLE time. When I try to wake it up, it just remains with low backlight level. And only I can do is to reboot laptop and set appropriate LCD level while booting with ASUS hot keys. These keys are non-functional when kernel is loaded. But some other functional keys work fine. I just want to know why does it not set back LCD to usable state? I think this state achieved by hardware without any "acpid" commands. So how can I set my acpid to restore LCD state? Is there somebody who familiar to this problem? Why these LCD brightness control hot keys are non-functional after kernel loading?

Please help me anyone.

Sincerely yours, Zorgiev.

Several things come in to play here:

First of all, function key's are mostly unfunctional right after install. They need to be assigned a function.

Second, you've seemed to have baked your own kernel. So you may or may not have support for certain features. I don't know. It depends on your configuration.

Third, and this is where it gets interesting, you can easily command the level of backlight with this command
    Code:
    xbacklight -set [percentage]
    If you have kernel support for that.

Well, if that works, you can assign your function keys to specific values of this command.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!

Acpi4asus

I just mentioned about such project. May be it will help. I will try.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close