Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been trying to get my computer to boot BackTrack Live Beta 3 off of my USB drive, but for some reason I keep getting an error. I have Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

BackTrack USB

I've been trying to get my computer to boot BackTrack Live Beta 3 off of my USB drive, but for some reason I keep getting an error. I have Windows XP on my desktop and when I run the bootinst.bat it gives me a popup error stating:

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

After i hit continue about 5 times, it says the operation is complete, but when I go to BIOS to boot from the USB, it says boot error and continues with Windows.

I tried it on my friends XP computer and it worked, without the error, and booted from the USB just fine.

What's wrong and how do i fix this?

Go into your BIOS settings and make sure you have USB boot enabled.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Just Joined!
    That was one of the first things I did. I'm sure it is enabled. I'm almost positive it has to be my computer and not what I'm doing because as I said, it worked fine on my friends computer with me doing the exact same steps.

I also just updated by BIOS, thinking that could help, but I'm still getting the same error message and the 'Boot error' if I try to boot.

I read one tutorial, linked here: USB BackTrack Linux install via Windows | USB Pen Drive Linux

That mentions the error I'm getting (as well as a picture) but it says to just click continue through it, which I do, but it doesn't seem to work in my case.

Pen Drive Knoppix install works with Back Track Two

I used this to build a USB install for knoppix 5.11, but it also work for a live USB install of back track 2 - Boot and run Linux from a USB flash memory stick | USB Pen Drive Linux

How do I install a full version of backtrack to CD

I have what is a live CD on my USB but when I try to install backtrack 2 to my thumb drive with the install program on the CD it fails on Boot - does any one have any site where I could find out more about installing linux to a USB. I want back track but I could go with Ubuntu or Debian as well.