Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I'm new here. .... Ok, this is my problem. I am trying to install Slackware 10 on an AMD 133... I know it will work, the only thing is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bootdisk!?

Hello. I'm new here. .... Ok, this is my problem. I am trying to install Slackware 10 on an AMD 133... I know it will work, the only thing is I dont have the option to boot from cdrom , so what do I do?

best bet would be to make a bootable floopy, sorry i don't know the specifics, but if you open the slackware cd while in an OS, there should be an option to create a bootfloppy, if not, the ftp mirros should have it. The final last ditch effor could be booting from a network connection (if the box is on a network) but ive never had much sucess with that, and the one time it did work it took plenty of work to get it working...work..work...and one more for good measure..work
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Newbie
    There is a program called SmartBootManager that lets you boot from a CD (no matter that bios doesn't support it). You make a boot floppy with that program and insert the Slackware CD and you will get an option to boot from the CD once the floppy is booted.