Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, im currently running a slack based livecd. But i have a few questions. I want to install it to my hdd next to my xp. I have xp at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

livecd install and FDE for slack

Hi,
    im currently running a slack based livecd. But i have a few questions. I want to install it to my hdd next to my xp. I have xp at my C: partition. I ve shrinken the C: and made a new one Z:. which file system is the best to choose for installing linux, ntfs?

Furthermore I also need a free full disk encryption software for linux, because i like privacy

If anyone can help my, it would bee greatly appreciated

Just Joined!
    You can select various filesystem types for Linux, and for a particular distro of Linux. The major distros support numerous filesystems. You can select the default filesystem for your distro or you can choose another one.

Slackware has an installation DVD that you can download from the main web site. There is a README file that explains how to create encrypted disk partitions. In Linux, typically you do not encrypt the boot partition, and you usually do not need to encrypt the root partition, because those are separate partitions from your user data which is on a /home partition. There are debates about reasons to encrypt or not encrypt in Linux.

The Slackware Linux Project