Find the answer to your Linux question:
New to linux first time install.. slackware 11. installation went smooth..trying to access the internet.. using kde gui..not very familiar with blinking underscore..tried to enable the ethernet network device it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Network Card ithink

New to linux first time install.. slackware 11. installation went smooth..trying to access the internet.. using kde gui..not very familiar with blinking underscore..tried to enable the ethernet network device it appears to to enable for one sec then it says "There was an error changing the device's state. You will have to do it manually."
    then it says state says disabled..i configured it to automatic .i get an ip on my windows box auto so i assumed the same would happen..enabled Network card from bios too..

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ian4frost View Post
    New to linux first time install.. slackware 11. installation went smooth..trying to access the internet.. using kde gui..not very familiar with blinking underscore..tried to enable the ethernet network device it appears to to enable for one sec then it says "There was an error changing the device's state. You will have to do it manually."
    then it says state says disabled..i configured it to automatic .i get an ip on my windows box auto so i assumed the same would happen..enabled Network card from bios too..
    Sorry about b4 i dont have a network card ..the rj45 port built in to the mb (biostar k8vga)how to find out if it's seeing the network card, if it's setup right and how to fix it if it's not. I understand that you will probably need more info but I need to know how to get it

Linux Enthusiast
    Well, Slackware 11 is already at least one year old, you should really try 12.1, it's the latest. Most likely a driver issue, and 12.1 has the latest and greatest drivers.
    "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it!" --Bad Religion

Just Joined!
    sorry i took so long to respond. was not in my home country..had no net access...i will download it now...then take it from there