Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is sorta weird. I have installed Slamd64 and everything is working well, EXCEPT my internet. I ran kwifimanager, and it clearly sees my wireless network. However, the card is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys Wireless Card won't connect me internet

This is sorta weird. I have installed Slamd64 and everything is working well, EXCEPT my internet.
    I ran kwifimanager, and it clearly sees my wireless network. However, the card is configured as eth1, and when I try to run firefox/seamonkey, it doesn't work.

This is probably a simple problem...just a way to make my wireless card default.

I was thinking about writing this problem into Haiku format, but I thought that might get me some mean answers.

I've never run Slamd64, let alone 64 bit architecture, but I'll try to help. If you can, post the results of these three commands:
    Code:
    /sbin/ifconfig
    Code:
    /sbin/iwconfig
    Code:
    joe /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf
    To get out of the joe command line editor, Do Ctrl (hold)-k-(release both) -x
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Obviously, I can't connect to the internet to copy + paste this info to you , at least not the joe part. iwconfig gave me

lo no wireless extensions.

eth1 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"default" nickname:"default"
    mode:managed Frequency:2.462 ghz Access Point: 00:17:3f:9c:c1:22
    Bit Rate:2 MB/s sensitivity: 1/3

I really dont want to type the rest, as I don't think it has any relevence to my problem...just talks about the signal strength.

Slamd64 is an unofficial 64 bit port of slackware...otherwise, it's identical.

I am virtually positive that its just a default's issue, I just don't know how to change it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Then.... Good luck!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    HEY! I got it working!

I disabled my internal ethernet card, and then made my wireless card get dhcp. Works well now, just imagine how I will contribute.

Thanks for the help