Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a problem that i cant seem to figure out. A few months back i bought a laptop and a DLink router which came with a usb adapter, Well ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless help

I have a problem that i cant seem to figure out.

A few months back i bought a laptop and a DLink router which came with a usb adapter, Well the DLink adapter broke so i bought a Buffalo Wireless G USB 2.0 Key-chain Adapter WLI-U2-KG54L, I installed it fine and it worked a treat on my laptop until last night i unplugged the router i have and now the laptop isn't connected to the inter, I've tried everything, Reinstalling the software and driver etc and i still cant get it too work, Can anyone guide me through fixing or installing it the right way if possible? Post your MSN or Email and I'll contact you.

Cheers

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossie View Post
    I've tried everything, Reinstalling the software and driver etc and i still cant get it too work
    We'd be happy to help you out, but you don't describe the problem you are having. If you can give us more details we'll see what we can do.

Try running

Code:
    ifconfig /a
    route -n
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    ping -c 1 www.google.com
    And post the output here. It will give us a bunch of setup information we can use to work out how far along your efforts have taken you and what is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossie View Post
    Post your MSN or Email and I'll contact you.
    Uh uh. The value of the forum comes from people discussing and solving problems where others can read and derive their own solutions. Email or MSN defeats this.

Let us know how you get on,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.