Find the answer to your Linux question:
My name is silverbain. I found this forum doing a search on KDE 4.1.0 stable for Slackware 12.1 but was not able to . Linux programs are not new to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello All: KDE 4.1 on Slack

My name is silverbain. I found this forum doing a search on KDE 4.1.0 stable for Slackware 12.1 but was not able to . Linux programs are not new to me just never really liked the older vertions of suse redhat or even slackware but now that things have greatly inproved I have found my self using slackware more and really liking.

If any one can please tell me how to install the new KDE 4.1.0 on to slackware send me a message. thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can find the KDE 4.1.1 packages for Slackware here:

Index of /linux/slackware/slackware-current/testing/packages/kde4/kde

I've been using KDE 4 off and on since it was released in January and don't recommend it to anyone other than for experimentation purposes.

Good luck with it if you should install it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks Ozar that helped out a lot. I'm still having one small problem but I should be able to fix it in no time but just incase I cant hears the problem.

im missing the libQtcore.so.4 file thats the only thing so if I cant find it will you tell me where to go to get it or what file has it in it so I can reinstall that file.

Thanks agen.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    I think you'll find all the dependencies that you need to complete your task, here:

Index of /linux/slackware/slackware-current/testing/packages/kde4/deps

Hope that works out for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks Ozmar both links helped out a lot. But I have come to the conclustion that I dont think I will be useing KDE to much longer. after useing kde 4.1 and haveing to do a new install of slackware I will be going over to Blackbox where I first started with Slack 12.1. Thanks for all the help tho.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, it's been a few years since I last ran Blackbox, but it is fun.

Right now, most anything is better than KDE 4.x, at least in my own opinion.

Best of luck with it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Yeah I like BlackBox. It is fun to use little hard to find widgets or even addons for it tho. If I could script I dont think it would any problems at all but oh well things happen just have to find a way around it. Thinking of looking for a way to use SuperKaramba on it even it means looking up some simpel scripting tut's to do it. If you have any Ideas pleases let me know any thing could help. Thanks