Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was looking at a ubuntu 7.1 blog and seen some thing that got my eye so hear it is. With ubuntu you can copy your windows wifi drivers over ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

quick wifi qustion

I was looking at a ubuntu 7.1 blog and seen some thing that got my eye so hear it is.

With ubuntu you can copy your windows wifi drivers over to your home directory and install them with the
    sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter command. I was wondering if Slackware users could do the same thing ?

Im asking this do to the fact that I could not find the apt-get any where on my Slackware 12.1. If we can please let me know it would be a great help.

If that dos not work can some one tell me what type of script I should use ? like the if then else or list script or should I just out right do it in c/c++ ?

Well, sure you can use your Windows drivers with ndiswrapper. Alas I have no experience with that, other than knowing the possibility exists.

Slackware doesn't use the `sudo` command by default though. Either you have to set that up using `visudo` or just `su` to root (recommended) for whatever action you want to do as root.
    Also, apt-get is a Debian specific tool, and Ubuntu is based on Debian so it works there. But Slackware uses pkgtools as it's package manager, and this is very different.

Maybe this is some use to you? You can download ndiswrapper here.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI