Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded unrar. And I'm trying to install it. Here's the files inside of it: Code: README slack-desc unrar.1.gz unrar.SlackBuild unrar.info What do I use to install it? I tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Unrar

I downloaded unrar. And I'm trying to install it. Here's the files inside of it:

Code:
    README  slack-desc  unrar.1.gz  unrar.SlackBuild  unrar.info
    What do I use to install it? I tried to unrar something and said the unrar utility isn't in my path.

oz
    forum.guy
    Your best bet would be to download a package that is pre-built for Slackware from here, and install it using pkgtool.

If you should wish to install the package you already have, you can check this HowTo (post #2) for the steps needed to install from source. Be sure to also read the README file in the package that you have extracted because specific instructions are often included there.

Since you are now running Slack, you might want to check out Slackware Linux Essentials for lots of good information on using it.

edit: oops, just noticed the package you have is a Slack package. You should be able to use pkgtool to install it.
    Last edited by oz; 11-28-2008 at 03:22 AM.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks! Just got it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Glad you are up and running... have fun with it!
    oz