Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, i am a newbie here and to linux. i just built my first computer with a barebones kit from tiger direct. i did the harware build and some of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Installing adobe flash player

hello,
    i am a newbie here and to linux. i just built my first computer with a barebones kit from tiger direct. i did the harware build and some of the software, and a friend installed linux x86_64 os for me. i am trying to install adobe flash player. i have downloaded flash_player_ 10_linux(6).tar.gz when i try to install it using add/remove sortware i cant click on anything in the menu without getting the msg "the group could not be queried" the error details read"cannot get tid. and some explination about not being able to send the file due to security reasons. what do i do? im also running fedora 10 and firefox v3.0.4, if that helps. im lost, sorry to say, but im used to windows, this is my first time ever even seeing linux on a computer...bob

Just Joined!

Just Joined!
    hi,
    from the terminal screen, i nstalled flash plugin 10.0.12.36 .i386. i then tried to install pluginwrapper with libcurl, and also pulseaudio. it found pulseaudio, but not pluginwrapper or libcurl. now what? please understand that i know VERY LITTLE about working in the terminal screen, which looks alot like dos. i dont want to mess up what i already have working! so please try to put ur suggestions in laymans terms, if you can! thank you...bob

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I am new to Linux too but nobody can help if you don't know how or what to ask. Before start using Slack read carefully this book it will help you:The Revised Slackware Book Project

Just Joined!
    I think the OS you have installed is 64 bit, luckily as of a month ago adobe released a test version for 64 bit systems
    Adobe Labs - Flash Player 10 for Linux 64-bit Alpha Release Notes
    Im a bit new at this as well, so I may be horribly wrong
    but I hope it works