Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have figured out how to get the lisad and samba started and I can see my network from both sides. windows to slackware and slackware to windows, but I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

lisad network browsing

I have figured out how to get the lisad and samba started and I can see my network from both sides. windows to slackware and slackware to windows, but I can't access any files. I think it is a password issue but I am not sure. Does anybody know if there is something special in slackware to synchronise the passwards between slack and windows?

Just to update I decided to use gnome instead of kde and everrything works. Lan browsing works with no extra configuration.

a lot of stuff seems to work in gnome without conf. which requires it in kde. lol
    plus you never get the constantrocess for the file:// protocol died errors
    lol
    glad that worked out

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Here is a followup in case anybody is interested.
    If you have gnome and kde libraries on your machine and you want to run KDE and LISAD seems to be a pain. you can run "nautilus network:" (without the quotes but with the colon) Then a window will apear with the windows/network shares.

On the panel I right clicked added>specialbutton> non-kde button > executable: nautilus network:
    then click the icon button and then click on the icon you like (i found a cool samba one)
    Now when I need to access my network shares I click on my new samba icon and viola

By the way this worked out of the box with no configuration.

Mike