Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I got 12.2 about two days after it came out and its nice I got perfect sound with out having to edit a thing and a lot of errors ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware 12.2 security policy error

Well I got 12.2 about two days after it came out and its nice I got perfect sound with out having to edit a thing and a lot of errors I was getting in 12.1 just went a way like magic but now I got a problem with not being able to use my DVD/cdrom for any thing I have edit the hda so I could read and wright from it but did not work. It was working up till I had to do a fresh install from downloading and trying out GSB(Gnome Slackbuild) did not mind it but took up to much memory and it like to add stuff that did not need to be added. So any help on getting my DVD/Cdrom to work again would be great. Thanks.

Im also looking over the Slackbook now to see if there is any thing in it that might help me out as well.

Well, it might be a permission issue. Does it work for you as root?

Some good groups to belong to: audio video cdrom plugdev power scanner console
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!
    Well I have tryed it both with root and and as user with the groups and they did not work. For the hda cube file its self I changed it so ever one could Read&wright thinking that might help but did not so im going to mess around with it some more and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for the help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

[solved]

Ok I get it working now. It was just a fstab problem some thing was # that should have not been and some thing was un# so I got it all fixed and work out.