Find the answer to your Linux question:
Problem is that I have dynamic isp and want to setup name, ddns, servers on slackware box and am confused about howto configure 2wire router/gateway for a Slackware box configured ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] How do I conf 2wire to support slackware ddns servers

Problem is that I have dynamic isp and want to setup name, ddns, servers on slackware box and am confused about howto configure 2wire router/gateway for a Slackware box configured for dhcpd, name, ddns for my webserver?

Slackware12 is outfitted with eth0 and eth1. I know there are services and software out there to do what I am trying to do but I'd like to learn howto use slackware's free software.

I'm not really sure what it is you are trying to achieve

Can you give some more detail?
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freston View Post
    I'm not really sure what it is you are trying to achieve

Can you give some more detail?

I have eth0 +eth1 on slackware box which I want to configure as internal router/gateway with name, ddns, dhcpd servers to support webserver. I can't afford static ip address...

Eth0 is connected to external 2wire gateway/router with dhcpd server services, My question is what state do I need to configure 2Wire for so it can play nice with Slackware servers which will be providing actual services.

For the router, it's hard to tell. Each routers firmware uses different names and menu options. In my case, I set the LAN interface DHCP entry to 'off', and that was that. I'm sure your router has something similar. When you turn off the DHCP service on the router, then it will behave nicely and let any other machine provide the actual service.

EDIT But the router is still the gateway in such a setup.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI