Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello again and happy new year to all (a little late) - anyway, down to business; as usual Linux is very good at giving me headaches but this one is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Noatun not wotking on KDE3.5.10 (slack12.2)

hello again and happy new year to all (a little late) - anyway, down to business; as usual Linux is very good at giving me headaches but this one is really bothering me now - upgraded to slack 12.2 from 12.1 and noticed that the Noatun package shipped with the new KDE is not actually working, neither when I try to open o media file (whether it's .avi, .mp3, .mpeg, etc) nor when i actually try to open it launching the command from the KDE/multimedia command panel - the thing is that there no error report or message, it just won't load up - is this a bug? has anyone experienced the same problem? if so, has there been a fix?
    I'm trying to use my windows on dble boot as little as possible, but if i ant watch .avi, or .mp3 files...... that's a nightmare!
    thanx for any help/suggestion/advice
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

Just Joined!
    on my slackware system(i am a noob myself since 12/0 when noatun runs it minimizes to the tray(right side by clock) then i need to click there to load into noatun

Linux Newbie
    thanks kilbert, that happens to me too! however, I kinda sorted it now - for whoever has a similar problem it appears to be a bug on the 'noatun package' that results in the package to stall when try to open media files just by clicking on it; but if you actually put the file that you want to open on the 'noatun playlist' then it works fine - thanks
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen