Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi; I can establish SSH connection between two Slackware installed Linux machines connected on the same DSL router using local IP numbers (192.168.x.x), in other words, there is no problem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to remote login using SSH?

Hi;
    I can establish SSH connection between two Slackware installed Linux machines connected on the same DSL router using local IP numbers (192.168.x.x), in other words, there is no problem for SSH connection between the machines on the same LAN. I can do it as in below.

Code:
    ssh user@local_IP
    Now, my question is about two external Slackware machines. I want to establish connection between these two external machines. These external Slackware machines connected to internet directly through a DSL router. ISP assigns external IP to these machines dynamically. I have tried to replace local IP with external IP, but nothing happened (Cursor only passed to the second row).
    How can I establish SSH connection?

Normally when using a router you have to use NAT to forward the relevant port to the machine in question. The Portforward.com site has some good walkthroughs on this.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney View Post
    Normally when using a router you have to use NAT to forward the relevant port to the machine in question. The Portforward.com site has some good walkthroughs on this.
    Thank you very much bigtomrodney, I am looking there now.

Just Joined!
    Again thank you very much, "Port Forwarding" solved my problem.

Glad to help