Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently got all everything working on my laptop now I am trying to fix all of the little bugs. I have this real annoying one now. I will try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

not all of my screen

I recently got all everything working on my laptop now I am trying to fix all of the little bugs. I have this real annoying one now. I will try to explain it.

After I installed the 3d drivers "nvidia" now when I go into X about a 1/4th inch is not used on my screen(vertically far right). I have tried different Verticle and Horizontal measurements and that didn't help. I tried different window managers that didn't fix it either. The only way I can get it to utilize the whole screen is to use the origional nv drivers but they render way to slow. It has to be something with the driver itself I think.

Any help would be appreciated; I know this is a wierd one.

Thanks,
    Mike

I am running Slack Ten, Toshiba Satelite. 1.7 512 meg ram.DDR nvidia video 440

Sounds to me like your screen is drawing just a little off center. This happens to me quite frequently in several Linux versions, particularly after I install new video drivers. Usually the fix for me (since I have TFT desktop displays) is to hit the "Auto-Adjust" button and the image gets slid back into the correct spot. On CRT monitors I had to manually adjust the position. I'm not entirely sure how you do this on a laptop screen, but that sounds like what you need to do.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

The odd thing about this one is that on the left side it is lined up. It isn't off the edge. It is like X is just a quarter inch too short on the right side. I wonder if it is possible to move X Maybe it would be cool if I could move it cause I can live with a eighth inch on both sides, it just looks funny having space on the one side.

Mike

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close