Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i kind of lost track of what driver was it what mesa version, so i'll try i810 with current and updated mesa, than "inte'" with current and updated mesa. i'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    @home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria

i kind of lost track of what driver was it what mesa version, so i'll try i810 with current and updated mesa, than "inte'" with current and updated mesa. i'm reading about xf86config and xorgconfig and mesa

Linux Newbie
    If you walk the mesa lib back, what driver does the machine choose? I'd suggest we go back to the straight distro install, run the glx diags again, get a "clean" baseline and start making changes from there.

i was reading around and i saw this :
    The following are required for DRI-based hardware acceleration with Mesa 7.3:

* dri2proto version 1.99.3 or later
    * Linux 2.6.28
    * libDRM version 2.4.3 or later
    * Xorg server version 1.5 or later
    my dri2proto is 1.1 even though i upgraded it to 1.99.3
    and i was thing of upgrading to the latest xorg server 1.5.1 (now i'm with 1.4.2)

also i saw (on x.org i think) that the module i810 i obsolete i i should use i915. but when i try to use it the X doesnt load with the error that there is no such module. I'm 100% sure that it is loaded into the kernel.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Red face

Ok, I updated to X11R7.0 successfully. I installed Mesa 7.2 stable, but when i try slapt-get to see the packages, i get that "Mesa is 7.0.3 - the version that came with Slackware 12.2. Also when i tried to update R7.0 to R7.1 i get GL requested glprot >=1.4.9, Mesa requirements not met Mesa >= 7.1 but it is 7.0.3".

So i decided to remove it and install fresh copy of Mesa.
    When i removed it and tried to install Mesa 7.2 from the official site of mesa and i have no problems. But there is no glxinfo or any other of the glx stuff. gslapt-get tells me that mesa is not installed. I'm thinking that i mess it up something.
    installed mesa with -> make linux-dri

I think there should be more packages than just MesaLib 7.2 MesaGLUT and MesaDemos....

I'm stupid, please help

EDIT: I can start X with vesa driver

Linux Newbie
    First, run ldconfig and see if you can find mesa with gslap-get.
    If all the lights come on, your fine, otherwise walk your mesa ver back to 7.0.3
    Since we've been talking, I've been digging into my own machine. I run a faster fps than you did at your peak and I'm not even direct rendering due to a moderately dys-functional video chipset. If your hardware is more compliant than mine (and it would appear to be, you've maintained direct rendering throughout this odessy) than the problem has to be software as it installed from the current distro.
    My two cents anyway

i removed compiz, installe mesa 7.0.3 from slackware-current, installed intel drivers from intel site, and now everything seams to be normal. I guess when i updated my intel drivers i had to recompile compiz to use the new ones. Strange but...

10x for all your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2