Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, First off, i am running: Slack 10 Now for the question: I have been trying to mount a network share that is on a IBM netfinity running windows nt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mounting a Network Drive

Hey,

First off, i am running:

Slack 10

Now for the question:

I have been trying to mount a network share that is on a IBM netfinity running windows nt 4.0. Anyways, i have been reading around the net (google) and a few other forums and have found some info, but i need a little more.....

I added this line to my fstab:
    Code:
    //netfinity/shared    /S:    smbfs    password=******,username=Petersn  0  0
    At first it told me that the file system was of the wrong type. so i started trying out a few different ones and came to the msdos one. Now the error that i get is:

mount: special device //netfinity/shared does not exist.

What am i doing wrong? I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff on linux

Anyways, thanks for any help that i get in advance.

Just Joined!
    It's smbfs and not msdos
    That's why you get that error. If you say msdos it will search for a local device named //netfinity/shared (inexistent)
    Big question: is the directory /S: already created? It should be.
    One other thing to try: replace netfinity with its IP address. you have more chances this way.

Just Joined!
    It doesn work with ether (smbfs or msdos).

Yes the directory is already created. I will try inputing the ip for the server in and let you guys know what's going on in a bit. Thanks once again.