Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
I think that I found the instructions that you used. [all variants] Broadcom STA kernel stub update for 2.6.28/2.6.29 kernel - Ubuntu Forums I also found another How-To, using yet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I think that I found the instructions that you used.
    [all variants] Broadcom STA kernel stub update for 2.6.28/2.6.29 kernel - Ubuntu Forums

I also found another How-To, using yet another patch.
    Divilinux Lost Blog Broadcom STA driver con kernel 2.6.29

Use Google to translate it to your favourite language.
    Google Translate

I guess that you also need the patch from the Broadcom driver site.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    Looking at the two patches, they are the same except for the first several lines. I don't understand all of that code gibberish, but it appears that the patch is for the change in the needed modules. The one How-To only uses the two patches, while the other has four. I guess you just have to try them all!

Make sure that you start with a clean driver, and maybe a clean kernel, before patching. I think that it is patching the driver, not the kernel. I think that if it was a kernel patch the process would involve compiling the kernel. So forget about trying to install a new kernel, it's most likely not needed.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    Paradus was spanish or italian site. I saw it from ubuntu forum i think. I have Slackware 12.2 and yes i have my own kernel.

Thanks for the Update i'll see i f i can locate it.

b43 is blacklisted!

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    Looking at the two patches, they are the same except for the first several lines. I don't understand all of that code gibberish, but it appears that the patch is for the change in the needed modules. The one How-To only uses the two patches, while the other has four. I guess you just have to try them all!

Make sure that you start with a clean driver, and maybe a clean kernel, before patching. I think that it is patching the driver, not the kernel. I think that if it was a kernel patch the process would involve compiling the kernel. So forget about trying to install a new kernel, it's most likely not needed.
    I have already tied them. The one with the two patches didnt work for me. the one with the four patches did, but that's how i ended here. I'll look trough the kernel config again

Linux Guru
    I don't think that there is any change that you can make to your current kernel. The only options that i see are these:

Modify the driver to work on your kernel (using patch)
    Use an older kernel that is supported by the driver. (2.6.27?)

I am trying to apply the Broadcom patch to the driver, but having no luck. I am clueless on how to properly apply this patch!

Code:
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.29/source M=`pwd`
    make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.29'
      LD      /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/built-in.o
      CC [M]  /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.o
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_attach':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:442: error: implicit declaration of function 'ieee80211_get_crypto_ops'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:442: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:445: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_free':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:715: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:750: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:766: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:770: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_open':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:795: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_close':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:823: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_start':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:846: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_alloc_if':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:932: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_get_driver_info':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1111: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_ioctl':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1198: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1199: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_get_stats':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1283: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_get_wireless_stats':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1312: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1313: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_set_mac_address':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1376: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1384: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function '_wl_set_multicast_list':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1409: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv'
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_tkip_miccheck':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1801: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1804: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_tkip_micadd':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1823: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_tkip_encrypt':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1843: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_tkip_decrypt':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1865: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1867: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_tkip_keyset':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1909: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1919: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1926: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1936: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1946: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1953: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c: In function 'wl_tkip_printstats':
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1972: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1974: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    make[1]: *** [/home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.o] Error 1
    make: *** [_module_/home/hogfather/wifi/hybrid_wl] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.29'
    I'm guessing that wl_iw.patch is not right. I could only find wl_iw_v2.patch, not the wl_iw.patch. Mybe thats the problem...

chek this out:
    Index of /pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/wireless-2.6

and something here:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=487445

EDIT:
    ok, i have been looking into this for 8 hours and my head is tuck, i'll go crash for a couple of hours to clear my mind

hope you have some luck

Linux Guru
    I think the bugs are referring to the change in the module, and we know about that already.

I was able to finally install the patch, but there were errors. Maybe because i am using an older kernel. I had to tell it to use the wl_iw.c file
    Code:
    [paul@localhost hybrid_wl]$ patch -d src/wl/sys < wl_iw_v2.patch
    can't find file to patch at input line 3
    Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |*** wl_iw.c_1.63.2.22    Mon Feb  9 13:43:00 2009
    |--- wl_iw.c_1.63.2.22.2.2    Thu Apr  2 10:25:41 2009
    File to patch: wl_iw.c
    patching file wl_iw.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file wl_iw.c.rej

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    I think the bugs are referring to the change in the module, and we know about that already.

I was able to finally install the patch, but there were errors. Maybe because i am using an older kernel. I had to tell it to use the wl_iw.c file
    Code:
    [paul@localhost hybrid_wl]$ patch -d src/wl/sys < wl_iw_v2.patch
    can't find file to patch at input line 3
    Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    |*** wl_iw.c_1.63.2.22    Mon Feb  9 13:43:00 2009
    |--- wl_iw.c_1.63.2.22.2.2    Thu Apr  2 10:25:41 2009
    File to patch: wl_iw.c
    patching file wl_iw.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file wl_iw.c.rej
    that was the last thing that i just did, with the same error or error "there is no such file or directory"

I bet it is some stupid module or something that i forget to load or install... my eyes are closing...

Linux Guru
    That failed message doesn't mean that it won't work, but if it doesn't that is most likely the cause.

I went ahead and applied the second patch, and it seemed to go OK.
    Code:
    patch -p1 -d src/wl/sys/ < broadcom-sta-5.10.79.10-linux-2.6.29.patch
    patching file wl_iw.c
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 1118 (offset -1 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1810 (offset -1 lines).
    patching file wl_linux.c
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 208 (offset 11 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 363 (offset 2 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 448 (offset 11 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 756 (offset 8 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 932 (offset 10 lines).
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 946 (offset 8 lines).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast