Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
I;m also a newcomer in Linux.. and I'm planning on installing Slackware 10 along with my curent WinXP Sp2. I currently have 2 HDD,; 1 with drive C and D ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I;m also a newcomer in Linux.. and I'm planning on installing Slackware 10 along with my curent WinXP Sp2. I currently have 2 HDD,; 1 with drive C and D and with WinXP XP3 installed in Drive C, and 1 with drive E and F, with WinXP Sp2 installed in drive E. I notice that the boot files (boot.ini, ntldr, etc) are missing in the SP2 installation's root, but exist in the SP3's. I wanted to get rid of the SP3 and installed Slackware in it;s place. Would that render my WinXP Sp2 unbootable? If so how to work around that problem?
    I also heard that a slight error in formatting drive for linux can render ALL drives in the system unusable, is that true?
    I really want to use linux, so plz help me.
    Thanks in advance.

Hey sky_cowboy, you should start new threads for your questions rather than hijack an old thread. BTW, Slackware is not a good beginner distro, and the bootloader it uses, LILO, is much more difficult to configure for dual boots than the bootloader most distros use, GRUB.

Also, Slackware 10 is what, 5 years old? You're going to run into a lot of problems.

Just Joined!
    Sorry about not being here to keep talking, I was away on some buisness. Anyways, I got Ubuntu installed on my old pc in the basement! Thanks Peeps!

Awesome! Good job on sticking to it!
    Glad you got it sorted!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4