Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello people I happily see that everything is still up and running, anyway I would like to post a couple of questions regarding my new slack10, and any help will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

re.: a couple of questions about SLACK10

hello people

I happily see that everything is still up and running,

anyway I would like to post a couple of questions regarding my new slack10, and any help will be aprreciated;
    1 - how co i clean up cookies? where are they? cant find them
    2 - installed openoffice but after i make any documents it won't print -
    prnter set up correct, CUPS up and running, prntr set as default, and
    very good test page after prntr installation - what's going on?

as I said any helpor suggestion will be very welcome

cheers
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

Just Joined!
    What browser are you using? Each browser will have them stored (or not) in very different places. I would imagine that the option to delete cookies would be available from a menu like "Tools" "Preferences" or "Settings"

I'm not sure about the printing issue..is this a remote printer or is it connected to LPT1 or 2?

Linux Engineer
    As for the printing, slack install both lprng and cups to access printers. As things stand having both up and runninng will cause conflicts. Chances are you're getting this problem.

Solution would probably be to uninstall lprng and CUPS, then reinstall CUPS.

Problems it caused me were not printing allp ages from a print job and also not printing from Gimp. All sorted once I did as above.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    hey guys,

i fixed the problem about cookies but the prntr is more complicated than that (i guess) - alright first of all I only have the CUPS server up and running and not the LPRNG sever - secondly and most strangely the prntr works fine with documents made with KWord, or Web pages etc. but not on openoffice - could it be that since I installed openoffice separatly (as not being a slackware10 package) it wont synchronize the seetings? -

by the way i use a HP1200 (USB connection) on Toshiba laptop

cherrs and thanx for the first few interests on this topic
    If you get on the wrong train all the stations you will come to will be the wrong stations.
    Zen

Linux Engineer
    OpenOffice uses a printer setup prog called spadmin which you can run from /opt/openoffice.

Have a go with that and see what happens.
    Lansbury's Lido

Linux Newbie
    hey flux, thanx for your suggestion it was kind of helpful because I managed to configure spadmin, however I didnt find it on /opt/openoffice (dont know whether that means something) - anyway now the print menu of openoffice sees the printer but still won't print - by the way, could it be because it seems to be the worng model? - spadmin prntr database has a HP Desktop 1200 C/PS while my prntr is an HP PSC1200 multidevice - I'll try a few other things browsing around (see if I can change something) meanwhile if you have any other useful advice I'll be happy to try it

cheerio
    Zen

Linux Newbie
    does anyone know why openoffice.org1.1.0 does not print on slack10?

I 'm aware of spadmin and its own prntr settings but since I uninstalled openoffice from /home/user (my nick) and reinstalled under /root I cant run spadmin anymore - why is that?

any help or suggestions welcome
    Zen

Linux Newbie
    Chris H, sorry don't know where that "flux" come from or what it means - did not mean to be rude
    Zen

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    Chris H, sorry don't know where that "flux" come from or what it means - did not mean to be rude
    It's a sign from your subconcious that you really do need to run fluxbox
    Lansbury's Lido