Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Hello, I run slackware 12.1 and audacious wont add .wav files to the playlist. This means it just wont play them. Why is that? Is there a way to fix ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7

    Unhappy .wav files in audacious


    Hello,

    I run slackware 12.1 and audacious wont add .wav files to the playlist. This means it just wont play them. Why is that? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Linux Guru techieMoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,496
    I did some searching in Google for "wav files audacious" and it looks like you're not the only one having this problem. It seems to be a bug in that particular version of the program.


    slackware 12.1, audicious fails to play wav files - LinuxQuestions.org
    Slax forum: Audacious won't play wav files???
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

  3. #3
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    I did some searching in Google for "wav files audacious" and it looks like you're not the only one having this problem. It seems to be a bug in that particular version of the program.


    Hum, still, that doesnt let me know what is the problem and how to solve it. And the problem seems to be there in 12.2 too. I use slapt-get to install the software.
    Last edited by techieMoe; 05-15-2009 at 04:11 PM.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Linux Guru techieMoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by tasso View Post
    Hum, still, that doesnt let me know what is the problem and how to solve it. And the problem seems to be there in 12.2 too. I use slapt-get to install the software.
    See the links in my previous post.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

  6. #5
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    See the links in my previous post.
    Ok I had already done the research and it said to compile audacious with the plugins. But I didnt find the source files, neither the slackware build files. And even if audacious was compiled, how do I run it, and how can I add an icon in the gnome desktop Sound & Video menu? I'm kinda new to slackware. The how to.txt said it would be not bad. I think that it meant that the people helping are good.

    I went on and found xmms source and build files. I have the package. I installed it with installpkg. How do I run xmms now? Where is the program that executes the software located? How can I make a shortcut of it?

    Lets just hope that xmms has the .wav plugin enabled....

  7. #6
    Linux Guru techieMoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by tasso View Post
    Ok I had already done the research and it said to compile audacious with the plugins. But I didnt find the source files, neither the slackware build files. And even if audacious was compiled, how do I run it, and how can I add an icon in the gnome desktop Sound & Video menu?
    Depending on what version of Gnome you're running, you should have an application in your System menu called "Main Menu" or "Alacarte Menu Editor." This allows you to add/remove/edit entries in the Gnome menu system.

    As for the desktop, you should be able to right-click and add a new launcher. Audacious is probably located in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

    I went on and found xmms source and build files. I have the package. I installed it with installpkg. How do I run xmms now? Where is the program that executes the software located? How can I make a shortcut of it?
    The xmms executable is probably in the same place as audacious. You should be able to launch it just from a console or with the ALT+F2 launch menu.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

  8. #7
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7

    Thumbs up

    As for the desktop, you should be able to right-click and add a new launcher. Audacious is probably located in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.



    I think this is what I was looking for. /usr/bin has the file I need to add as an application launcher. Thanks man.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •