Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I have the latest versions of Helix media player and Realplayer but every time I enter a URL I get a "The player does not have the capabilities to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Unable to stream live content on media players ?

Well I have the latest versions of Helix media player and Realplayer but every time I enter a URL I get a "The player does not have the capabilities to play back this content "

"The following components are required"
    text/html.

Does that mean the media players have no default browser and are unable to contact the web?
    If so how can I fix this problem.
    Could it be MEC preventing them from contacting the web I have the security level on medium I don't really want to remove MEC as I prefer some form of firewall.
    Any help would be welcome.

The URL is a webpage, not the content and therefore cannot be processed. The text/html bit is the clue. I have seen this before. If you save the link or look at the source for the resulting page in a browser you should be able to find the actual link to the content. It likely ends in *.rm or similar.

If the linkn you have ends in .smil it's a playlist format which is why it isn't being interpreted properly.

Just Joined!
    Also check which filetypes the software can run, perhaps you need to remove some/use Win Media Player instead.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close