Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install urbanterror on an ibook that i loaded with slackintosh because ibooks were made when macs were made with power pc. so i got the slackbuild ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

slackintosh urbanterror

I am trying to install urbanterror on an ibook that i loaded with slackintosh because ibooks were made when macs were made with power pc. so i got the slackbuild for urbanterror and i installed it it did not give me any errors when it compiled which surprized me because when it was compiled it said i486 quite a bit.

even though it compiled it correctly it does not want to execute. it is saying
    something like /usr/bin/urbanterror can not execute binary file

does anybody know anything about this error or know a way to fix this i have looked every were this is my last resort it took all day to download and it is really ticking me off

Just Joined!
    Well I haven't dealth with slackintosh before, but did you use the slackbuild as is? If you open up the slackbuild in a editor, you will see that the architecture is set to i486 (why you saw it quite a bit) by default. You should change it to powerpc and possibly make sure all the other flags are set to right values depending on your system.

Just Joined!
    yes i tried that first but that didnot work i think because for some reason the code is machine dependent. but i am still surprized that it didnot give me an error when it compiled. thanks