Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just installed slax w/ the lxde module and everytime i reboot (usb drive) it loads fluxbox; and start-lxde didnt' work when i rebooted slax in text mode...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

slax with lxde how to start lxde?

i just installed slax w/ the lxde module and everytime i reboot (usb drive) it loads fluxbox; and start-lxde didnt' work when i rebooted slax in text mode

Live USB doesn't save changes.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Disregard my last post it seems that
    Updated 3/18/08: It appears that in newer versions of Slax (6.0.3+) includes install scripts and persistence is now automatic.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

try
    startx lxde
    when i rebooted slax in text mode
    but logged in as root user.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    startx lxde acted like it was going to work, then kicked me to command line

listed all the x options

Some dependency is missing from your lxde install it from what I can tell. You should have gotten some error message that tells you during the startup on why lxde wouldn't start.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    no error message, i did a build ur own slax and most def triple checked to make sure i downloaded dependency's. when i choose any option other than start slax in textmode, it auto loads FLUXBOX, and i want to use LXDE since it has all my programs configured. i checked into configure files and the lxde desktop file does exist, with all the modules shown on it. not sure how to get it to start.

Since I don't run slax I am out of ideas on how to get you sorted. If everything is there. Do you have a menu option in fluxbox to enable slim or kdm login window so you can log in with user name and password. The reason I ask is on your gui login window there should be a sessions tab. You should be able to pick out lxde from the sessions tab if it is installed correctly. I enable all the login windows on my installs and I run LXDE/gnome in Ubuntu and MoonOS. I can pick LXDE from sessions in my login window gui. In AntiX I have the choice of running Icewm and Fluxbox using slim. That is why I mentioned Slim. In Ubuntu running Gnome it is called GDM. So If running Fluxbox in Slax I think Slim would be your login GUI Window. Just guessing here because I don't run Slax.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    another day another problem...

after numerous search's, i found a useful reference to xwmconfig command.

alright so i type this into my textbox.... found a option to select desktop manager! it lights up fluxbox, LXDE, and openbox. naturally i select LXDE.....

ok back to the command prompt. xconf followed by startx.
    alright now im looking at a frozen keyboard and black screen light up by a single X in the middle......