Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey I just got the dvd for 12.2 finally and I go to install it and naturally something doesnt work and i figure out its my dvd drive isnt working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing from usb?

Hey I just got the dvd for 12.2 finally and I go to install it and naturally something doesnt work and i figure out its my dvd drive isnt working right for some reason but idk its odd cause it wont boot the disc or any disc I tried to boot from its a benq idk if thats a great brand or anything probably not. I was wondering if I could just copy the contents of the slackware 12.2 dvd to my flash drive and tell bios to boot from that and install it?

oh and I forgot to mention if I boot into my windows drive it reads the disc enough to let me open and look at the contents of the dvd... idk whats going on with the drive.

You can't just copy the contents of the iso file to a flash drive. You need a bootloader. I would try using unetbootin as an easy way to get a bootable usb drive. However, slackware isn't listed as supported, so it may not work.

More info on booting slackware from a usb here: Install Slackware using a bootable USB stick - Alien's Wiki

Just Joined!

Thanks my dvd drive started working again mysteriously.. only I got plagued by a new issue.. I probably should post a new thread pertaining to it though so others can find it if they encounter it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close