Find the answer to your Linux question:
I posted this in the server section with no reply. I was hoping a slackware guru might know this. > I just changed IPs and host names. I have 2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

wierd dns error in log

I posted this in the server section with no reply. I was hoping a slackware guru might know this. >

I just changed IPs and host names. I have 2 dns servers and I am getting this error on one of them. I was wondering if this is a bad thing and maybe if there is a fix that I am missing.

Oct 8 14:56:13 ns1 named[1922]: client x.x.x.x#1806: updating zone 'blahblah.net/IN': update failed: 'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not satisfied (NXRRSET)
    Oct 8 14:56:13 ns1 named[1922]: client x.x.x.x#1809: update 'blah blah.net/IN' denied

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

I figured this one out. In case anybody is interested. I got the error because I have a windows machine on my network via dhcp and it was trying to register with my local DNS server. My DNS server denied it so I had to add the ip address of my dhcp server to my named.conf file. This fixed the problem.

Mike