Find the answer to your Linux question:
All of these came up when I tried to install the rpm package for the modem I have. If anyone happens to have a complete rpm pkg, I would sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Errors w/rpm install??? pciutils, gcc, /bin/sh all needed by

All of these came up when I tried to install the rpm package for the modem I have. If anyone happens to have a complete rpm pkg, I would sure appreciate it as well. The name of the rpm is hcfpcimodem-1.01lnxt04082400full-1.i386.rpm, I just happen to have the one limited my modem speed to 14,000 baud...... Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...... Thanks again folks...
    I have a PIII with Slack 10. w/3.4 kernal maybe 3.2 512mb ext mem. 4MB vid card and a aceex modem v90/56k flex hardware modem...
    Hope to hear from some one sometime..... Thanks again.

Linux Engineer
    download and install all those dependencies you get in the error messages. if you're having trouble doing this, just post the error message you get from trying to install the modem rpm file.

Just Joined!

Errors,

So, I need to place a copy of the rpm file in the said folders they are needed in? Am I correct in what that response was? If this works. thanks....

Linux Engineer
    no, you've gotta download the rpms (or whatever file format you want) of those dependencies (such as gcc, et.c) and install them.
    Code:
    rpm -i filename.rpm
    will install an rpm. once you have all those installed, try installing the modem driver. you can post the error messages you get here for interpretation of what packages you need. you can also use a package manager that resolves these kinds of dependencies.

Just Joined!

Many thanks.....

2 downloaded 1 to go, Thanks, I will let you know how it works. Thanks a bunch again........
    :P

Just Joined!

removal of files after install?

Oh, Sether, helper of ignorant..... Thanks if you can answer this.....

Once I install these pkgs. have the files been moved into the primary OS folder so that I can now delete these unzipped folders? And I do the same with the othere pkgs. correct?

P.S. This is actually sinking in! ROFL Thanks so far Sether.....

Linux Engineer

Re: removal of files after install?

Quote Originally Posted by Prickle
    Once I install these pkgs. have the files been moved into the primary OS folder so that I can now delete these unzipped folders? And I do the same with the othere pkgs. correct?
    if you're refering to the rpm files or any other files or directories you downloaded to your home directory and installed, then yes, you can delete them.