Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know slackware uses installpkg to install tgz files but what if I want to uninstall can someone give me that command if possible? Thanks, Mike...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

uninstallpkg

I know slackware uses installpkg to install tgz files but what if I want to uninstall can someone give me that command if possible?

Thanks,
    Mike

Just Joined!

uninstall

have you tried to use pkgtool? you can use it in your terminal prog.
    there you can remove packages. I haven't used it as much as need but thats because im trying to install packages...
    from your gnome or kde interface you can call up a terminal prog and type in pkgtool which will be a menu based system to uninstall pkgs... hope this helps.... you

pkgtool doesn't seem to work (command not found), but I found kpackage in kde. Thanks for the tip I got it now.
    BTW works great too.
    Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Help..

Glad to help, maybe you can return the favor sometime.... Like if I have problems too.... Peace....

Speaking of which, have you heard of any compatibilty issues with redhat 7.2 and 9.0? Could I update some packages from 7.2 w/ 9.0?

I am running a small ISP Kind of a neighborhood type thing. I started with Red Hat 6.2 and moved through the updates and now I am running all with 9.0. I have not encountered any upgrade problems so far other than Red Hat likes to move things around, so sometimes things don't work because they moved it somewhere. All relatively easy fixes and most of them occured between 6.2 and 7.2 . After 7.2 everything is pretty much the same except with the multimedia stuff. Not sure why but in 8.0 they must have got nervous about licenses because nothing worked anymore without patches. Xmms and xine as an example. Anyways I still run old programs with new OS's .
    I hope this helps.
    I am somewhat good with Red Hat feel free to ask for help anytime.
    Mike

Linux Newbie

Re: uninstallpkg

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline
    I know slackware uses installpkg to install tgz files but what if I want to uninstall can someone give me that command if possible?

Thanks,
    Mike
    You can try
    Code:
    removepkg
    either
    Just a Newbie....Looking 4 Info....

Thanks, I will try that!!