Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have slackware 10.0 installed on my system. It will not boot I would like to use the slackware rescuedisk to get to beoot. I have slackware installed on hda2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

rescue disk

I have slackware 10.0 installed on my system. It will not boot I would like to use the slackware rescuedisk to get to beoot. I have slackware installed on hda2 with the ext2 filesystem, my swap is on hda4 coudl anyone help me with this problem?

Just Joined!
    I think the first thing that needs to be done is properly configure lilo. Once lilo is properly configured, you can make a rescue disk.

To configure lilo, you may need to use a live CD such as Knoppix, or the slack installation disk itself. This can get a little complicated for a newbie

Another important question is whether you are dual booting. If so, you dont want to lose the other system you are booting.

Can you post a little more detai of what is happening? What exactly happens when you boot the system? Are you dual booting, and if so, does the other system have its own bootloader in the MBR?

Just Joined!

rescuedisk

The system booted fine until I tried to add a new user, I did adduser_new_user_name. I was able to sucessfully login using the new login,but just once.

I am using the Lilo boot manager and acronis 8.0 boot manager, I know I need to be disabling one of them. How can I disable Lilo?

The error message that I am getting as it is booting is /dev/hda2
    /dev/hda2 Unexpected inconsistency : run fsck Manually and than it gives some other options but reboots before I can write the other options. I may go back and try to copy the options and than post them.

Originally I was always runnign this system as root but had to add another user bcause I am trying to run winesetupTk and it will not run in root.

I am dual booting and run windows 98 on the other side of the partition.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

rescuedisk

The system booted fine until I tried to add a new user, I did adduser_new_user_name. I was able to sucessfully login using the new login,but just once.

I am using the Lilo boot manager and acronis 8.0 boot manager, I know I need to be disabling one of them. How can I disable Lilo?

The error message that I am getting as it is booting is /dev/hda2
    /dev/hda2 Unexpected inconsistency : run fsck Manually and than it gives some other options but reboots before I can write the other options. I may go back and try to copy the options and than post them.

Originally I was always runnign this system as root but had to add another user bcause I am trying to run winesetupTk and it will not run in root.

I am dual booting and run windows 98 on the other side of the partition.

Just Joined!
    This looks more like a filesystem problem rather than a boot-manager problem. All I can suggest is that you run a google on the error you get.