Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Slack 10 on a Second (new) Hard drive along with my existing one that also has Slack 10 and none of the modules will load. I have no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slack install, Modules wont load?

I installed Slack 10 on a Second (new) Hard drive along with my existing one that also has Slack 10 and none of the modules will load. I have no Internet, no Sound, no printer and I noticed that when I do /sbin/modprobe nothing happens. Any ideas?

Just Joined!

Re: Slack install, Modules wont load?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksan
    I installed Slack 10 on a Second (new) Hard drive along with my existing one that also has Slack 10 and none of the modules will load. I have no Internet, no Sound, no printer and I noticed that when I do /sbin/modprobe nothing happens. Any ideas?
    Internet and Printer - When you installed Slack, did you set up the drivers for the modem and printer?

No Sound - Check alsa.state in the /etc/ directory and fiddle with the settings in there if you have to. you can also look at alsamixer, but remember to issue it's store command after you've exited.

Not too sure about the modprobe thing - never had to do that myself. You might also want to look at reinstalling some of the individual parts of Linux.

Just Joined!
    It has something to do with the modules cuz its looking for 2.4.27 modules at boot but the root has 2.4.26.