Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I've installed Slackware 13 stable on my PC . Slackware seems to be very fast with kde 4.2.2 on my pc . KDE4.3.2 the current stable version of kde ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy kde4.3.2 (vbatts ) packages gave me white screen .! how to recover

Hello
    I've installed Slackware 13 stable on my PC . Slackware seems to be very fast with kde 4.2.2 on my pc .

KDE4.3.2 the current stable version of kde is really well polished and i've downloaded the Vbatts KDE 4.3.2 packages. With
    alot of anxiety i've upgraded the packages from the virtual terminal and then the real problem

>>>KDE started the splash screen came and after that all i got is a white screen with into marks on it. I can do nothing but move the
    mouse pointer . Luckily i've got XFCE session .

After googling i came to know that this process only applies to the current version but not to stable version.

>>> Now how do i have to get KDE 4.3.2 working or
    get back the old kde 4.2.2 on pc atleast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tot installing those vbatts packages will get me the polish look of latest kde but i got white screen.

Appreciate any help!!!!

Thanks In Advance.

Acording to the readme with the vbatt builds, these packages are meant to be used with Slackware Current, not Stable.

I don't know slackware too well, but I would assume the KDE 4.2 packages were removed/replaced by the new 4.3 packages. I would remove all the KDE packages and just reinstall 4.2 fresh.

Or you can try to switch to stable to current, but I don't know the process for that in Slackware. Still probably best to uninstall kde completely first, upgrade, and reinstall the pacakges.

Or you can switch to the Slackware-like Arch Linux and do
    Code:
    pacman -S kde
    for the latest KDE release.

Just Joined!

Thank You reed9 . I have done the same as u have said , upgrading . Actually i've doneslackpkg upgrade-all so that the old kde 4.2 packages wil be installed but stopped it just because to hear from experienced people who have already done this ..... I suppose i dont have an option other than to upgrade .Anyways Thank You....
    Anways thank

Just Joined!

Thank You reed9 . I have done the same as u have said , upgrading . Actually i've doneslackpkg upgrade-all so that the old kde 4.2 packages wil be installed but stopped it just because to hear from experienced people who have already done this ..... I suppose i dont have an option other than to upgrade .Anyways Thank You....
    Anways thank