Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all. I install slackware 12.1 at my IBM R40 laptop, and after the installation was finished, i copy a game with .tar.gz extension, and try to compile it. But, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post setting VGA

Hello all.

I install slackware 12.1 at my IBM R40 laptop, and after the installation was finished, i copy a game with .tar.gz extension, and try to compile it. But, the screen become distorted, but the installation was starting. i assume it happened because my video card driver doesn't detected well.

anybody willing to help me ?? i'm a newbie....

Hi and Welcome !

Are you facing display problem in Game or in Slackware Desktop? Was display working fine before Game Installation?

Post the output of this
    Code:
    su
    /sbin/lspci | grep -i vga
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    sorry for the late reply

yes, i'm having trouble at the game, and the slackware display is okay. display was working fine .

the output is
    01:00.0 VGA Compatible Controller : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by muza123 View Post
    <snip>
    the output is
    01:00.0 VGA Compatible Controller : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]
    Hi there... this chipset is supported by Linux in general, which is why your desktop display is working fine... so no worries there.

For the game, though, I suspect that you are not running the card in its 3d accelerated mode, but rather in standard VESA mode. If the game requires 3d rendering you're going to luck out in many cases.

Please post the "Device" sections of your Xorg.conf file.

You may want to try the ATI drivers instead of the generic driver available in your distro... but with ATI your mileage may vary sometimes (not quite as good as Nvidia).

Have a look at Talk:ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 - ThinkWiki for some ideas.

Go well.
    Respectfully... Sarlac II
    ~~
    The moving clock K' appears to K to run slow by the factor (1-v^2/c^2)^(1/2).
    This is the phenomenon of time dilation.
    The faster you run, the younger you look, to everyone but yourself.