Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, after I start SLAX - KDE(10.3.50) I open kopete, create ICQ account, but it can't connect. I have internet connection working on this computer... could anyone provide me some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slackware problem- kopete ICQ

Hi, after I start SLAX - KDE(10.3.50) I open kopete, create ICQ account, but it can't connect. I have internet connection working on this computer... could anyone provide me some help...

Just Joined!
    Hello batkotivalio, can you tell us the error(s) you get when you attempt connection?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by riza View Post
    Hello batkotivalio, can you tell us the error(s) you get when you attempt connection?
    Just simple message "Disconnected"... As soon as I try to see it - disappear immediately.

May be there is another way to see the description of the message...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    batkotivalio

I remember experiencing something similar with AIM. Is that the latest version of kopete?

I can't remember clearly right now but I think you must have an ICQ account before you add it to Kopete but I could be terribly wrong, It has been a long time since I have used an IM Client.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    I have ICQ account, but I thing there is an option to create a new one from kopete...

Just Joined!
    Try creating a new dummy account to see if that works.

Just Joined!
    well, I mannaged to install kopete (latest version) it connect to ICQ but I don't have my contacts in my list. I'm online the flower is green but my contacts have dissapeared.(the option "show offline users" is checked).

Other problem: I don'have Internet on my browser(mozila). I have skype-working, I have ping to given site but can't open it with browser (tried with mozila and opera)