Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by zombykillah Can't think of any other advise ... and can't write the "//" because of link block. Use spaces or just remove the http, www and just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by zombykillah View Post
    Can't think of any other advise ...
    and can't write the "//" because of link block.

Use spaces or just remove the http, www and just post the actually address, it'll work.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux User
    http: //
    is needed when you use different ports for the connection.
    I ll try the space trick next time *gg*

Just Joined!
    nmap shows a lot of nothing, and like I said before 192.168.2.1 just times out when trying to access it from a browser or anything else. On a whim I walked over to my roommates side of the room and launched up his PS3 to see what Default Gateway it gets from the router, and it is as well 192.168.1.1 I would have used his laptop to get onto the router but i guess he took it when he went home for xmas.

Well I know it's a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyway......have you looked on the modem itself to see if it has any instructions? Mine has the setup address and a default password listed right on the side of the modem.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    No question is a stupid question when it comes to technology... But I did already check that, and i just double checked it and there isnt any default instructions on either the router or the modem. I might just have to wait until my roommate gets back from texas to get the router key. But i'm still curious to know why i can't connect to the router, when i had windows on this machine it worked perfectly fine

Just Joined!
    Some routers firmware simply does not allow alternative browsers nor likely alternative operating systems. My cheap Airlink router would not even work with Firefox on windows. It requires internet explorer. Possibly router firmware upgrades are an option, upgradable only with windows, but not likely.

Just Joined!
    Hi guys, i have a serious problem I have a Motorola surfboard SB5101E

its not a wireles router its lan, cable router, i tried to type 192.168.1.1 in the browser, but always the page cannot be displayed and im not able to access the router setting to open a port, is there any way u can advice to be able to access the router setting.
    thank you all

Linux User
    Hi,
    first:
    Have you checked 192.168.1.1 is the address of your computer?
    Linux:
    route (shows the routes on your computer, the default should be the address of your router)
    ifconfig (shows all your network interfaces with their addresses)
    Windows: ipconfig

You can try to scan for open ports on your router (nmap).

Just Joined!
    Try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 . Good luck.

Just Joined!
    thank you ladlers i tried 192.168.100.1 & 192.168.0.1 nothing also page cannot be displayed, but i tried to ping to 192.168.100.1 and it give reply but when ever i try any of this on the browser page cannot be displayed...

any more advices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast